We pray that God will be with every GMU students’ families and ministries.
This is an announcement regarding Spring 2017 Online Class Registration and Scholarship Application.
- For all class registration, access through Student Portal
- For scholarship application, complete and confirm your class registration on Student Portal, and then apply for scholarships online via Student Portal
- Check and confirm the award amount on the Scholarship Award letter
- Scholarship Application related document need to be turned in: Registered students- every Fall semester, New students- Starting semester.
- Students can check their tuition fee amount on Tuition Bill after the scholarships have been applied.
- To pay the tuition fee, students can make a credit/debit card payment through the school website or call the Financial Department to pay over the phone.
-Students can watch instructional videos about class registration and scholarship application on the Moodle homepage’s “Open Class & Seminar” section. If he/she would like a copy of the instructional DVD, the student may request one through school website’s online service to be either picked up at school office or sent directly to their homes.
Online Class Registration
Student will register for classes online through the school website’s Student Portal (http://student.gm.edu) site.
Log in using Student ID and Password and then register for classes.
When registering, you need to click on Spring 2017 link in the Registration Input section.
Also, while registering, the website will show the student’s ID, home address, email address, contact number, I-20, FSA, Admission Date, Degree, and other student information. If any changes need to be made, please request through Online Service to make needed changes.
On the Student Portal, the students can also view the classes they have registered for and have taken so far in details.
Therefore, we will not be sending additional class registration information. The students can check those information by themselves through the Student Portal site (http://student.gm.edu).
Online Scholarship Application
- All scholarship application will be applied through Student Portal (http://student.gm.edu) only.
- Scholarship application will be accepted only until Add & Drop week ( 2 weeks after the First Day of Spring Classes, 1/30, Mon). After that week, scholarship applications will not be accepted.
- Award Letter regarding Scholarship application can be checked and confirmed through Student Portal.
- Existing students must turn in necessary documents (weekly church newsletter/announcement, proof of appointment, etc.) every fall semester when applying for scholarships. The documents can be sent to the office via email email@example.com or fax 714-459-7414 and be approved by the school for the scholarship application to be processed. New students must turn in necessary documents at the beginning of the starting semester.
To apply for Scholarship, please follow these steps.
Log in to Student Portal and register online for classes.
- After registering for classes, wait for Registrar Confirm to appear on the Registration List (Approximately 1-2 days).
- After clicking Registration List, select Reference Code for Scholarship Apply.
- When Scholarship Apply page appears, select scholarship where you meet the requirement, enter required information, and type in student name on the Student Signature to finish application.
- For scholarships that require proof documents (church weekly newsletter/announcement), the applicant must submit the documents every Fall semester (once a year).
- After applying, FSA Department will review the application, and the result will show on Student Portal’s Scholar List as Apply, Pending, Request Document, Review , or Approved.
- When the Scholarship Status is shown as Approved, that means that the student can receive the scholarship and must confirm to receive it.
- To check detailed history of selected scholarships, students can click on Award Letter on the Scholar List. In there, students can view detailed history of selected scholarships,
- Approved scholarship history will show Balance Due as the scholarship award amount will be calculated into Registration List’s Tuition Bill amount.
How to Pay Tuition
-After the scholarships are approved, approved scholarship history will show Balance Due as the scholarship award amount will be calculated into Registration List’s Tuition Bill amount. Student need to pay the Balance Due amount.
-Therefore, we will not be sending a separate invoice for the tuition fees.
These are ways to pay for tuition fees:
· Make a card payment on school website’s Online Tuition Payment.
· Call school Financial Department to make a payment through the phone by providing credit/debit card number.
· Write a check according to the tuition amount and mail to school address.
· Make a transfer to school’s bank account.
Please remember that students must pay the tuition to be formally registered.
Registering for Attendance and Moodle (Online Lecture System)
If the formal registration is late, then the student will be added to the attendance list and Moodle late as well.
Federal Student Aid
· Those who have already applied for 2016-2017 FAFSA do not need additional registration.
To register, please prepare 2015 Tax Return and register for FAFSA (If you need help, please meet with Ms. Cindy Cho for FAFSA counseling)
· To register, please prepare 2015 Tax Return and register for FAFSA (If you need help, please meet with Ms. Cindy Cho for FAFSA counseling)
Counseling and Funding
· After registering online for classes, students can receive counseling from Federal Student Aid Director James Koo and FSA
o From Jan. 9 to Jan 30, Monday, Tuesday (1p.m. to 6p.m.), Thursday (11a.m. to 4p.m.)
· Student who have receive FSA counseling must proceed with FSA Funding registration with Ms. Cindy Cho and sign the FSA Award Letter from Jan.30 to Feb. 28 to receive funding.
Notice for Music Class Registration
· International students and students who receive (I-20) FSA support can take only 1 “music class” per semester. Taking more than 2 music classes per semester will not be included in the full-time unit credit, and students will have to take additional regular class.
· For every student, “music class” taken will be processed as elective units like other elective classes.
· Music subject credits are allowed maximum of 15 units (for grad students, 3-12 units) to be included as elective units to the graduation units.
· If students do not get approval from the school by taking a different class, those music class units will not be added into the graduating degree plan.
· If all elective units are taken as music classes, then student can take additional as auditing while they will not be added toward the graduating degree plan. Therefore, if a students fulfill they elective units, they can take additional music class as auditing if interested.
· New Student Online Moodle Introduction and Open Class Seminar (How to use Student Portal, How to apply for scholarship, How to use Moodle)- Student can attend on January 16, at 5p.m. or watch the Moodle opening instructional DVD.
· For details, such as Academic Schedule, Lecture Time Table, School/ Class Application, Scholarship Application, and more, visit the school website and leave a request for help through Online Service Request, all on http://www.gm.edu.